Some like to call it Illegal soap box racing but there is nothing illegal about it. These are as legal as a bicycle or recumbent. They are called illegal because we do not follow traditional soap box rules and would be illegal in a "Soap Box Derby" race. We like to call ourselves an "Underground Club," but it is definitely legal.
We give out a reciprocal trophy for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and 4th place and the points leaders keep them at the end of the season. We race for pride and fun, that is all. You must attend the series final to be eligible for awards.
Remember, anyone can join and anyone can be booted if you don't follow the rules.
Limited Class (Sedan and Roadsters) group racing.
Starting positions will be determined by points :
Reverse points starting order. The driver with the lowest season points total will have starting position preference, followed by the next lowest continuing all the way up to the point leader in the last position. If drivers are tied in points the tie breaker will be the results of the last race. Whomever placed highest will be placed behind the other driver. New drivers (Not new karts) to this season will always begin at the end of the starting line up for their first race.
-The first race of the season, the start with the reverse order of the previous seasons points.
- Limited cars (Roadster and Sedan class) line up still using the "Open or Unlimited Division" line up every race.
- Starting positions will be rows of two.
- The starting count will be, "Ready - Set - Go". All divers will release their brakes on the utterance of "GO!", and not before.
- All kart runs will commence at a "dead-stop" without a push, bump or shove from you or another. You may rock your own body back and forth for momentum, but you may not roll your wheels with your hands, push off the ground or use any device to start you unless you are stuck and will not move off the start.
***(A race official may give you a small push start if your kart gets stuck or will not move and the rest of the karts have gone, if this happens to more than one kart an equal push or bump will be given to each kart.)
* Gravity bikes only will be allowed a 10 yard push start while straddling, mounted, on their bikes. (not beside or behind the bike) Only the rider may push himself. No one else can help the rider push their bike.
- All carts run at the same time, no groups or time trials. All bikes follow the same format. The first one across the finish line will be declared the winner and take home the rotating trophy. Anyone that does not cross the finish line under it's own rolling power will receive a score of DNF (did not finish.) DNF's DO season points however. We place each race 1st, 2nd and 3rd in limited and add 4th in the unlimited class.
** If the club becomes too large to do this we MAY run heat races on an as needed basis.
- All drivers will observe lane etiquette, meaning, stay in your lane of travel. You do not travel in the left lane unless you are passing and there is no oncoming traffic, or if you can clearly see there will be no oncoming traffic and wish to avoid an obstacle in the right lane.
When traveling in the right lane try to stick to right side of that lane. Try not bounce back from side to side in the right lane! Do not intentionally move in front of someone to block him from passing! These actions can cause accidents. If someone is able to pass you, they earned it. Allow them to pass. You can be DQed for this. We realize that when drafting and close racing there will be movement, just don't intentionally cut anyone off. If you are definitely a slower kart please keep to the right especially early in the race.
- No "shaking a draft" allowed. The practice of weaving back and forth to not let a person draft you. This has just turned in to blocking and is dangerous.
- "Rubbing is not racing here." DRAGG does not condone any contact while moving, but we do realize that these things can happen. Any malicious acts of bumping will not be tolerated. Keep contact with your cart and others to an absolute minimum and forgive others' mistakes. It's all just for fun after all. Remember it would not go well to crash one of these karts or bikes at 60 mph. So race safe.
- Ties. The two drivers involved will determine the outcome of the race. The person at the finish line, if there is one, will moderate. If the drivers can not agree a coin will be flipped. No tie-breakers will be run except in championship events.
Steamliners aka Unlimited class (SPEED RUNS ONLY)
Streamliner (lay down) cars will run along and will show us their top speeds after their run using a GPS of some kind.
This can be done any time. The only requirement is that you need two other DRAGG members to verify your speed on your GPS. This can also be done on race day.